USA Anyone working with Abacus Accounting Software?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for anyone who is familiar with the legal software, Abacus. Their IT department can't help me and their "professional services" charges $97/hour and you have to buy time in blocks. My question seems annoyingly simple!

1 Partner so super small business. We currently manually input the credit card transactions, but there are about 10 a month so no big deal. Our credit card company, Chase, let's us use accumulated "points" earned to pay towards any balance due. This results in a payment-like transaction, but we did not pay this amount. Seems straightforward right? I cannot figure out how to input this transaction! I tried a negative payment and the system then inputs 2 transactions: 1 negative and 1 positive, therefore netting out. I don't have any idea why it does this. If we returned an item and were issued a refund, it would be the same issue. How do we input these transactions in Abacus to hit the credit card only?

Ask a Question