Appealing DLA Help Needed Please.

S

suzywoo

I have been receiving dla for the past 8 years, and for the first 6 years it was reviewed and awarded on a yearly basis with no changes in rates. Then on the 7th year of filling out the forum because of changes in certain questions and the fact i don't like to be always putting the worst down about myself, i decreased a couple of answers about how long for by 5 to 10 minutes, as from what i can remember from the previous forums that being the only difference, i know stupid mistake. I then got my letter back finding my personal care being decreased from high to middle but instead of receiving it for only for 1 year it was 2, this time around i made sure to fill it the same as i had done on the previous 6 and after receiving the letter it is still on middle but now back down 1 year again.My condition has not changed since i first applied if anything it has slightly got worse,
i am seriously thinking of appealing this decision because it really puzzles me but the fear of it being decreased again is putting me off. I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or any advice on what i should do? Also if i do appeal will the result be sent by letter or would i have to go to a hearing or a doctor's visit and if anyones know what the percentage rates is on increases, decreases or it staying the same. Thanks in advance for any replies..

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question