USA Attorney 2 CPA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good evening all:

I’m a licensed attorney admitted to the NY bar in 2012. In 2014, I started taking accounting classes and in 2018 I passed the cpa exams.

I presently practice law in the area of creditors rights. Most of my legal experience is in that area.

I want to leave law and begin working as a public accountant to earn my CPA designation. I’m in my early 30’s. I’m trying to engage in networking and see if I can swing something.

Do you have any advice on how I may be able to speed this along a bit! Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

bklynboy

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why not combine the 2 fields which would make you more marketable - something like a tax attorney that would help individuals/firms develop/utilize tax strategies. You should be quite marketable with your background so work with a staffing firm to see what opportunities exist. You will need to work your way up but I can see a lot of firms that would take a chance to groom you.

Reaction score
Country
India
Combine the two services and set up a firm! You can work on your existing client base for references and gradually work your way upwards with more clients.

Ask a Question