USA Audit Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
I work in a small office that has not had an audit done in over 9 years, I'm supposed to be taking over the bookkeeping. The current book keeper is very close minded and negative, and they will not show me how to take over the current job, when she leaves the office she she l she locks me out of the system and doesn't allow me to have passwords to get in to see what is going on. I believe this person is corrupt and trying to hide something.

How do I go about getting an audit done for a small Medical office?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Full audits are expensive so it will be difficult to convince the owner to have one done. If you are supposed to be taking over the bookkeeping, then your best argument to the owner is that you are not being adequately trained. Start your training with her with a full blown review of the bank reconciliation. Then insist you need full password access or she should explain why not.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So the trainer has already ran off 3 other employees with her negativity, this is a very stressful situation because I want to learn but the trainer is so resistant. The owner of this business has no backbone over this situation.

The best thing to do would be to fire this person, but where does that leave me, would it be an impossible journey, where would I turn to for guidance to keep things straight as I am learning the books on my own?

We are the only Medical office outside of the hospital in the city I am working in.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Given that the owner has no backbone you are in a lost situation. Bookkeeper will not train you and owner will not force her to do so. Time for you to bail out.

J

John Baker

I know this is a very old posting, but well worth visiting, and here's why.

first , Kirby gave you the best advice = DO IT.

Any lack of cooperation among, and between, financial staffers and executives is a matter
for major concern because that environment impacts your professional standings.
Fraud, collaboration, job security issues, any act of misrepresentation is a lightning rod for
a career minded financial professional. There are hard core reasons for internal strife, and
if nothing else the lack of internal competitive cooperation.
Be mindful of picking those traits up on interviews. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to spot
trouble by just looking for it.

Ask a Question