USA BA vs BS

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am thinking about going to school for Accounting but I am trying to decide if I should go with Bachelor of Arts or Bachelors of Science. What do you recommend? Any pros and cons of Accounting once you have graduate and started working? Thank you in advance for any replies!

smallbushelp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How far do you want to go as an accountant? If you want to become a CPA, you'll need the BS and then some. Maybe even a master's degree. If you just want to be a low to mid-level manager, a BA may be sufficient. Try looking at job postings or want ads for accountants in your area and see what level of education employer's are looking for for the type of job that you would like to have some day.

Reaction score
Country
United States
How far do you want to go as an accountant? If you want to become a CPA, you'll need the BS and then some. Maybe even a master's degree. If you just want to be a low to mid-level manager, a BA may be sufficient. Try looking at job postings or want ads for accountants in your area and see what level of education employer's are looking for for the type of job that you would like to have some day.

Thank you for responding. Well from what I've read online a BS sounds better than a BA. I thought I would join this forum and see if I could get information from actual Accountants. Would I be looked at differently if I were to pursue my degree online versus going to an actual campus and sitting in class? What is the passing rate for the CPA exams? DO you have any tips on what I should start doing to enhance my knowledge in accounting other than school?

smallbushelp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, I don't think you will necessarily be looked on differently if you get your degree online. But I can tell you from personal experience that you will get more out of classroom study than online studying. So you may want to consider a combination of both. I did that when I got my master's degree.

I don't know what the current passing rate for the CPA exam is, but it's tough. Probably the toughest educational thing I ever did. But I passed so you can, too. And to enhance your knowledge, get a job. As a bookkeeper or accounting clerk at first and get some instruction from someone with more experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faisal

Latest Threads