UK Back to accounting

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site so please go easy on me!

My issue........

Having studied Accountancy and Finance at university, I took the obvious route and joined a big four accounting firm to train as a chartered accountant. Unfortunately going straight from university into such a demanding position took it's toll on me, and I chose to leave in 2010.

Since then, I have worked within local government dealing with revenues and local taxation, completing the professional qualification offered to me by my employer. I worked there for two years, until last November when my partner and I decided to fulfil an ambition to travel to Australia.

Anyway, the purpose of this essay is that following this time out I have come to the balanced conclusion that I want to pursue a career in accounting again, specifically completing training with ICAS.

And so the dilemma.......

I am wondering if my previous experience will stand me in good stead when searching for a job, or if prospective employers will not consider me as I have previously began training and left.

I'd appreciate your honest opinions folks, although I will be trying my best to break back in either way!

Richard

Ask a Question