Backup files of MS office accounting not opening

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
Hi,
i have a big problem with the ms office accounting 2009 program.I have been using it from 2012 and because my computer broke i bought a new one.I installed the 2009 version but i cant seem to open any files,this is so frustrate.
I always keep back up files on the google drive and on the external disk.The back up files have the .sbb extension and is around 13mb size.
I tried and restore the accounting company from a backup file (from .sbb to .sbc).It says the restore process was completed successfully.But when i see the .sbc file is only 1kb.When i tried to open the restore company with the .sbc extension it gives me the message Incompatible locale between company database and application.Log on Failed.

I dont know what else to do.Any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
Found the problem.There are 2 versions of ms accounting.US and GB.I was using the US than the GB i had previous.Also needed an extra update pack from Microsoft to work.All good now

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Found the problem.There are 2 versions of ms accounting.US and GB.I was using the US than the GB i had previous.Also needed an extra update pack from Microsoft to work.All good now
Please how did you do it, have dame issues here, need your help

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
Check which version you had before.US version or GB ? Then download it and update it with the right pack

Ask a Question