USA Bank Rec

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, need some help. I accidentally mailed a couple rent checks out early. They were for March rent and dated 3.1.16. The bank cashed them anyways so now they are hitting in Feb. I'm sure this is not too uncommon but I'm not sure how to get them off my bank rec now. Any help would be appreciated!!

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So... the bank paid out a cheque before the date on the cheque? How odd.

Anyway, it's done. So you can't get them 'off' your bank rec now, but all you have to do is treat them as reconciling items - ie things there that shouldn't be there.

Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
That is odd. I would include them in Feb rec as reconciled items because the checks has already been cleared/cashed.
the other side would just be prepaid rent.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't think banks ever looked at the date on the check... I thought they were elec scanned and the amount deducted at that time, but maybe they do read the date?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
When you do your bank reconciliation for February just process them as normal. The cash went out in February so the bank rec must reflect that. The rent cheques are dates for March so in your GL the rent expense will still hit the March income statement.

Ask a Question