USA Bank reconciliation question.

Reaction score
I'm doing bank reconciliation. I don't know what to do. :confused::D
1) Ok. A check in the amount of 8,000 was deposited on 3/31/11 and it's shown on the bank statement. But it was returned, consequentially, on my bank statement I see fees $8,012.00. But on 4/1/11 the same check was successfully deposited. So, I have the same check in both months March and April. How do I record all this?

2) My problem is I already reconciled like two diff. transactions. Can I reapply it? I'm using QuickBooks.

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
I don't know about quick books, but most of companies use spreadsheets for bank reconciliation. We don't need to record all the transactions in bank statements into your bank reconciliation or accounting records, If the bank credit your account (deposit into your account) amount of $8000 and debit your account (return from your account) by amount of $8,012. In the bank reconciliation you should record the amount of $8000 as "deposit in transit", and the bank charges of $12 should be shown in the bank reconciliation as "bank charges not recorded in company's book" that is for Bank reconciliation for March.

http://hamrconsult.yolasite.com/

Reaction score
Thanks for the respond! It helps, but now I need to figure out how to adjust it in QB, because that months was reconciled wrong.

Ask a Question