USA Bank Rec's! And other fun things!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I work with a CPA firm and this is my first public accounting job. I've worked in government, private, and even public companies but this is my first job in really getting public, everyday, experience, and I really love it.

I run into the issue that the firm is in a growth phase, lots of work, not a lot of accountants, and I'm the new guy who asks a lot of questions, which isn't earning me any favors with this crowd. The firm is very, very selective in who they hire focusing more on the personality culture than the background experience.

With all of that being said they have began to put me in a position of handling bank rec's and want me to handle copious amount of bank rec's. These are challenging to me simply because of a lot of the nuances of each company ect.

Does anyone know if there is a place that offers a lot of practice, complicated bank rec's? When I look at it on paper the formula for every bank rec seems so easy I should be able to hand it to anyone and have it done in a few minutes, but as life is, it's not the case as it almost never goes to plan.

So I need to find tips, pointers, ideas, really just anything when it comes to rec'ing cash in the real world, from net balance CC deposits, to ADP manual checks.

Anything you've found to help you locate errors or speed things up would be greatly appreciated!

Ask a Question