Batch balance handling and invoice generation

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This may be an unusual request, but at least it's hopefully more interesting than "which is the best accounting software?":

We are a small online business and our company's accounts are done externally. My role is to prepare statements for our accountant, which he enters into the books.

Our business model is as follows:
- We have hundreds clients earning revenue on our platform.
- On a monthly basis, we pay out their accrued revenue and create a payment notification as a PDF showing them the details of the revenue earned and payment made.
- On any given customer, there may be a deduction / addition to the revenue accrued.
- Some customers may not be paid because they have no payout details or they are under the $50 minimum payout amount. The revenue for non-paid clients is rolled over to the next month for every month until they reach the minimum payout amount or they enter payout details.

Currently, all of this is being tracked by me in Excel, but, as our client base grows, it is getting ever more difficult to keep track of the moving parts.

The main feature I am looking for is bulk functionality.
I would like to:
1. Upload a CSV of customer names / addresses / payout details. I believe this is a pretty standard function.
2. Assign internal customer IDs to individual customers
3. Upload a CSV of revenue made per customer ID for the previous month
4. Upload a CSV of adjustments (deductions / additions) per customer ID (3 and 4 can be a combined upload).
5. Upload a CSV of customer IDs paid per month. The software would mark the paid clients as paid with a balance of 0, the non paid clients would be marked as non paid and their balance would carry forward to the next month.
6. Batch generate PDF payment notifications for those payments made and credit notes for payments outstanding. These are the statements I send to our external accountant.
7. Even better would be the option to automatically send those PDFs to the clients by email.
8. The next month, do the same with the revenue uploaded being added to any outstanding revenue from previous months.

In my last company, I had this solution built for me by our tech team, but this isn’t feasible currently, so I’m not sure if this is standard funcitoinality or if it’s too niche to get in a mass market product.

These are the only features I really need as I am not doing the accounting myself. I just feel the best option to solve this will be by using some accounting software.

Any help is hugely appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Marc

Ask a Question