Best cloud accounting solution for a small business

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum here.

I am currently using Quickbooks to do my accounting. It has been great but however I am starting to find it no longer suitable for my needs.

These are my needs:
1. Sales tracking from multiple branches and multiple "classes"/categories
2. Inventory management for multiple warehouses with inventory categories
3. Payroll
4. Sales of both products and services
5. Consolidated reports

I am looking for an online/cloud based solution but everything I've seen costs in the thousands of dollars per month. That is too much since I am still a small business.

Thanks guys & gals.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

New to the forum here.

I am currently using Quickbooks to do my accounting. It has been great but however I am starting to find it no longer suitable for my needs.

These are my needs:
1. Sales tracking from multiple branches and multiple "classes"/categories
2. Inventory management for multiple warehouses with inventory categories
3. Payroll
4. Sales of both products and services
5. Consolidated reports

I am looking for an online/cloud based solution but everything I've seen costs in the thousands of dollars per month. That is too much since I am still a small business.

Thanks guys & gals.
Your most welcome to this awesome community.
I am unable to understand why are you saying that QuickBooks is no longer suitable for your needs you mentioned. I'm concerned because I'm using QuickBooks Pro for last three years and I never find it irrelevant to my needs.
However you can -
- opt for QuickBooks Online (Cloud based alternative to QuickBooks Desktop)
- opt for QuickBooks Hosting from an authorized quickbooks hosting provider
- opt for other cloud alternatives such as Xero, Sage 50, FreshBooks, NetSuite, Intacct suitable for your needs.

Looking to hear from you!
Warm Regards,
Renuka Rana

Reaction score
Yes, Renuka is quite correct. There is no reason that you leave QuickBooks. It's a leading accounting application. But if it is unable to deliver for you in some cases, you should look for it's efficient usage.

But at one point, I am not agree with Renuka. QuickBooks online will certainly not fulfill all the requirements raised by si_chindo. Online version of QuickBooks is just for some basic accounting needs.

QuickBooks cloud hosting is the best option si_chindo should go with. If you have many branches then the hosting option will definitely cut down your total IT expense cost. But you will have to look for some cost effective hosting provider.

A golden trick: look for an independent hosting provider rather than just looking for Intuit authorized hosting provider. Intuit charges heavy amount with their certified partners and they add that charge to the users and you get an expensive solution. Independent hosting provider will give you the same service as the certified partner but you will have to check their integrity before you use.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, Renuka is quite correct. There is no reason that you leave QuickBooks. It's a leading accounting application. But if it is unable to deliver for you in some cases, you should look for it's efficient usage.

QuickBooks cloud hosting is the best option si_chindo should go with. If you have many branches then the hosting option will definitely cut down your total IT expense cost. But you will have to look for some cost effective hosting provider.

A golden trick: look for an independent hosting provider rather than just looking for Intuit authorized hosting provider. Intuit charges heavy amount with their certified partners and they add that charge to the users and you get an expensive solution.
Thanks tinassmith, being an authorized hosting provider doesn't mean that they charge heavy amount. Actually, users got benefited from the features like - licensed copies of QuickBooks, Data security, access to intuit help support and much more. These companies has been legally authorized by Intuit to host QuickBooks desktop software for end users'.

If you check intuit answer for the question "Can independent hosting companies offer QuickBooks desktop hosting if they aren't authorized by Intuit?" Intuit says "No. Only Intuit-authorized hosts can offer QuickBooks desktop hosting services to end users."

Last edited:

Ask a Question