Building a carreer

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,

I' ve recently graduated from my university studying Maritime in Greece. Having fullfilled my milatary service obligations since Augoust of 2013, i had some time to rethink about my future. Accounting has arouzed my interest (at least in theory through the courses i had in my university). Hence, i made my decision to concern myself with this particular field and maybe in the future i could combine both. Going for a master degree (related in accounting & finance) after my studies was the first I was thinking but the military service was an obstacle. If I had to start a postgraduate degree I should had already run my english and maths certifications (IELTS or TOEFL, GMAT) along with all the application procedure during my service, which was really difficult. However, I believe all this made more good than bad in my carreer because I started to search in the job market and I saw the situation of nowadays. Especially in Greece where unemployment rate rises up to 25% the opportunities are a few and everybody is seeking for previous experience. Consequently, taking into account that I am already 23 and with no past experience neither in maritime nor in accounting i should seek for an accounting assistant position to see how is the work in practice. In the meantime I am thinking of starting ACCA from the beggining without any exceptions because I advocate it is a highly recognised certification which is being acknowledged everywhere in the world. That's how I am thinking right now: firstly, to gain some job experience in the field i would like to work, then starting ACCA certification and in the future maybe something more general like an MBA.

I am looking forward to any thoughts, advices or even judges in my plan. I would be very grateful if someone would spend his time responding to that thread.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Ask a Question