UK Can I keep my own money in a business bank account?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i.e. can I put money into a business bank account that has nothing to do with the business?

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't recommend it either. The point of having a business bank account is quite self explanatory in my opinion.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bad idea. Keep the business and personal separate. You want a clear cut path to your money. If the government comes looking they get easily confused and look for a way to assess more tax even though all the money in and out of your account may be clear cut to you it won't be to them. Pay your business bills through your business account and pay your personal bills through your personal account. Move your money to your personal account from your business account by paying your self a salary or giving your self a dividend or distribution. Make sure you label it.

Werner Reisacher

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
One of the prime reasons you going thru the hassle of running a company is to get the financial protection under the "corporate umbrella". Why would you volunteer to add your personal assets to the assets that, in case you get sued, will go to your creditors. And no, you personal loan account to the company has no priority over other creditors.

Ask a Question