Canadian to states

Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently a student in Canada with a decent GPA of 9.2/10

I've been considering switching into Richard Ivey at Waterloo for my bcomm. After that I want to get my CA degree.

My question is, would it be better for me to get my bcomm in Canada and then go for my CA degree in the states? Or would it be better to get my CA in Canada and move to the states after?

I'm not sure why but my goal is to get myself a good job but in the states instead of Canada.

I'm not even sure if this would be feasible or easy to do.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Canada's unemployment rate is 7.2%
US is 9.1%
Why would you go to the US, given that?

Reaction score
Canada's unemployment rate is 7.2%
US is 9.1%
Why would you go to the US, given that?
I feel like my education will provide me with the backbone needed to push myself into a good job. That being said, I feel like there's more money to be made in the states. Am I wrong in thinking that?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I gave you one solid statistic and you offered "I feel that" twice. So defend your position with some stats and we can see if it makes sense. OR - you may just want to go to the US regardless of the stats and that's understandable - I just want you to know what you are facing here. It's not pretty here even for graduating US acctg students with great grades and local contacts.

Reaction score
I graduated with a BS in Accounting. The job market is so tough that I haven't been able to find a decent job for a long time now. Unless you want to work for just above minimum wage, which in my opinion is impossible to live on.

There are too many job seekers with degrees in accounting and too little jobs. I have seen accounting job ads taken down in less than a day because they were overloaded with applicants. It is truly unbelievable.

If you know someone that you can live with or have a lot of savings that will hold you out until you find a job then go for it. But I wouldn't want you to come and then be surprised when you are unable to find a job that makes ends meet.

Ask a Question