USA Car mileage for business use

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I am a 19 year old part-time college student and work full time for a small pool cleaning company. In 2015, I drove my own truck for work. Usually, I drove from my house to my boss house to pick up the equipment before heading out to my appointments. I understand I can deduct the mileage from my boss house to my appointments. Can I deduct the mileage from my last appointment back to my boss house to drop off the equipment? Sometimes I took the equipment back to my house for an early appointment the next day. How can I deduct the business mileage in those cases? Count the mileage from my house or my boss house to the appointment?

Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Calguy. You can claim mileage up to a max 5000Km per year for vehicle use. You can claim for last appointment back to boss' house. If you take equip home, you can only claim after you finish the first job.
Hope this helps

Ask a Question