Care Home Costs & Shared Property


Mark A

I am thinking of buying a 1/3 share of parents home (from them) and moving
in due to the high cost of property where i live.

How does this effect the rights of the local authority to put a charge on
the house to pay off accrued care costs should either of my parents need
care in the future ?

I read somewhere that they could not count the property as assets if a
disabled relative lived there or a family member owned part of the house. Is
this correct ?


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question