UK career advice

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am new to this website and I apologise if someone else has already asked the same question as me..

I am in my mid-thirties and I would like to work in the accounting industry and eventually become an accountant. I have got a decent educational background ( I have got a BSc in business administration and a Msc in Management) but unfortunately I havent got much experience apart from 6 months coding and registering invoices into a computer few years ago. At the moment i am studying towards ACCA qualification and I am working in the sales industry selling accounting products on the phone to some of the largest accounting firms in the worId - which might be potentially useful while writing about myself in the cover letter...

I am aware I'll have to start from the bottom but I am struggling to understand which position I should apply for. Should I apply for bookkeeping and Accounts Assistant position only? I would really appreciate if you could help me making the right decision...

Thanks

Reaction score
career

Hi everybody,

Get into an accountancy firm apply for bookkeeper or accounts assistant see the job description, if its a small company you can say on your cover letter and on your interview your plans and aspirations.

I qualified AAT noo experience and went into a small firm of apprentice aat's and two partners, I was made accounts semi senior after applying as a bookkeeper. I'm now working in tax.

Reaction score
I'm sure with the education (even without the practical experience) you've already got landing a good position should be no problem. Starting low isn't really much of an issue because you'd definately move up quickly if you're willing to show your potential, especially in a smaller firm.

Ask a Question