USA Change of business structure

Aug 6, 2014
Reaction score
I am changing ownership from an 1120S to a sole member LLC.
The new owner is the same as the previous owner, just a different form of business.
The new business has an EIN number already.
The 1120S has assets and Liabilities, including an outstanding bank loan.
The creditor (Bank) wants proof of change in the form of a Bill of Sale.
Do I fill out a business purchase agreement or a business transfer agreement to satisfy the Bank's request?
The Bank is unclear as to the exact terminology; The Bank's legal department terminology is somewhat different then accounting and/or tax terminology.
Do I list an amount for purchase, treat it as a transfer (no amount) or list $1.00 for the purchase price?

Thank You
Last edited:


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question