UK Change of jobs - final pay(roll) question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello - I have just left my current job and have received my final pay on the payroll. I have a query which I hope someone can help with.

My last working day was 4th May (so I worked 4 days of May)
I was owed 8 days of annual leave which was agreed would be added onto my May salary.

My monthly gross pay is £4,166.67.

Payroll have confirmed to me that calculations are based on 260 days. (in my case £50,000 / 260 = £192.31)

I have been told that my gross pay has been calculated by subtracting the 11 working days I didn't work in May from my monthly pay ie.

£4,166.67 - (11 x £192.31) = £2,051.26

Is this correct? Would it not be the case that I'm owed 12 days x £192.31 = £2,307.69?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
The difference appears to relate to the fact that May is a long month, and they have calculated your pay using a combination of the monthly apportionment and the daily apportionment.

If you look at your 'daily rate' then you would expect to be paid £4,423 for May if you worked the whole month (23 working days), but looking at the monthly apportionment the pay would be £4,167 - a difference of £256. This is also the difference between your calc and theirs.

IMO it would be more reasonable to do the calc your way, it is more consistent (which also happens to work better for you).

Ask a Question