Changes to pensioners tax offset 2013

Reaction score
I just did my 2012-13 taxes and have been told that I owe the tax office. I'm confused as to why as my circumstances haven't changed in recent years and I have always received a refund. I am 28, I receive a single parent payment for my 4yo and I work part time 20hrs pw, so my group certificates were virtually the same as last yr. the accountant (I hadn't used her before) went over it a few times but couldn't offer a reason for the change, she suggested that a change to the seniors & pensioners tax offset may have affected my estimate this year, however when I researched this, everything I read said that I was eligible. The accountant hasn't yet lodged my estimate and frankly, I would like a second opinion, it could just be wishful thinking but I really dont feel confident with the result. I was thinking about requesting someone else in their office do my return so I can be sure the result is the same, that way I won't have to pay another fee elsewhere. Do you know if she is correct about me being inelligible for the tax offset I had received previously, or if there are other changes that have affected my tax this year? I just want to be armed with more knowledge before I disputed the statement. Thank you.

Ask a Question