USA CMA or EA?

Reaction score
I know it may seem like apples and oranges, but I am considering either getting a CMA or becoming an enrolled agent as an intermediate step before the CPA - mostly to make myself more marketable in the meantime.

From a personal standpoint I enjoy the subject matter of the CMA exam (I'm an econ major and I find that managerial accounting dovetails nicely with that) and I'm interested more in working for industry than in an accounting firm. However, I am going to graduate soon and I want to be employable above all else!! I wouldn't mind doing income taxes to obtain the necessary experience for the license.

Does anyone out there have an opinon about/experience with the CMA? Enrolled Agent?

Thank you!

:)

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well try this to help you get an insight into your local job market. On the job boards search for "CPA", then "CMA", then "enrolled agent" and compare the number of jobs looking for those designations. Hope that helps!

Ask a Question