Command Line Options for Opening MS$

J

John Miller

I'm running MS$ 2006 Deluxe. Is it possible to specify which file will be opened on the invoking command line? Something like:

...\msmoney.exe ...\mymoneyfile.mny

I'd like to accomplish this with a shortcut or some such so that MS$ will open my current file rather than going back to an archived file that I may open on occasion.

Thanks.

- John

Ad

Advertisements

C

Cal Learner-- MVP

I'm running MS$ 2006 Deluxe. Is it possible to specify which file will be opened on the invoking command line? Something like:

I'd like to accomplish this with a shortcut or some such so that MS$ will open my current file rather than going back to an archived file that I may open on occasion.
Yes.

However remember to use fully qualified pathnames, and, if creating
a batch file, to enclose any pathname in double quotes if the path
contains spaces.

Even easier is, if you want to run the last- or only-installed
version of Money, you could just have a shortcut to the Money file.
The file association to the *.mny files would automatically feed the
file to Money.

Also note that there is a MRU (most recently used) list at the
bottom of the File menu that will let you switch among files while
Money is open.

Ad

Advertisements

K

Ken

Hi John,

Money opens to last file closed.

I have multiple money files.

One for business, one for personal finances and each of the kids have their own.

To have direct access to each of these files I created a desktop shortcut for each.

Locate (search) for the file you want to open, double click on it, did it open okay?

If so, search again, this time right click it, select Send To, on it's expanding menu choose Desktop (create shortcut)

Confirm file opens from new Desktop Icon.

Note: if you want to see what would be required in command line, right click new desktop icon, choose Properties. In properties dialog window, shortcut tab, notice what is displayed in box for Target.

Ken

Thanks.

- John

Ask a Question