UK Company Accounts 2 years late

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please advise why a company would risk being 2 years late with their company accounts?

I'm aware of a company that is run by an extremely dodgy character, who I believe may have recently completed an IVA. I've been keeping tabs on the company he runs, as there is something fishy about his finances and I'm sure he's up to no good. However, I can't view his recent company accounts as he hasn't filed his last set of accounts with companies house and it's only a matter of days until the next year is due (even with the 3 month extension at the moment). That's a HUGE delay.

What are the consequences of having accounts not filed for such a long time? Why on earth would someone intentionally do this, when the business appears to be operating as normal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Fidget, sorry for tagging you but you are so active on here and from the UK so may know a little more about this. Are you able to advise what happens when accounts are filed over a year late?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. I had a read of this and it says that they're liable for prosecution and will be fined, however there haven't been any strike off notices and see to be continuing on as usual. Maybe HMRC / CH haven't got to that stage yet.

Ask a Question