USA Complecated Chargebacks

Reaction score
I work for a company that factors their accounts receivables. Simple right? Wrong.....does anyone know how I would handle the accounts and QB entries for the following example

Billed for $1000
they paid $960 the 4% deduction was a factoring fee. I would make the adjustment on the invoice and code the 4% fee as an expense. Easy....here is the hard part.

Sometime later on another invoice they deduct $100 from the current deposit on that same old paid invoice because the company shorted them. How in the world do I make this happen and make all of the accounts happy. They are shorting current deposits and not removing cash from the account.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Woodwise,

I will suggest making a provision for shortening on the basis of past experience to cover it.

Counterofbeans

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Woodwise,

I will suggest making a provision for shortening on the basis of past experience to cover it.
This...

Ours started off as simple as estimating the amount of chargebacks per month as a % of sales and it grew from there.

Ask a Question