Corporate Name Change

Discussion in 'Quicken' started by Caryl, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Caryl

Caryl Guest

On October 27 Susser Petroleum Partners (SUSP) changed to Sunoco Logistics Partners (SUN). When I updated my portfolio that day, there was an entry for Shares Removed from Account (Susser) and Shares Added to Account (Sunoco), all with a price of 0. I deleted these two items (which might have been amistake) and tried to add the new name with a Corporate Name Change. I then got the message "Security Name already in use. Please enter a new name."

Susser still shows in one of my accounts. However, when I roll the mouse over the name in portfolio view I see the Sunoco LP name and symbol and it updates that stock price.

How can I change the name Susser to Sunoco?

Thank you.
    Caryl

Caryl, Nov 20, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Caryl

danbrown Guest

I just checked the symbols at Fidelity. They show the proper symbol for Sunoco Logistics as SXL, and Sunoco as SUN. Might want to dbl-check your info.

danbrown, Nov 20, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Caryl

Zaidy036 Guest

Also Corp Name Change changes ALL entries from the old to new info but I
    think keeps the same symbol. If you want info from past time every thing
    has changed. I think transfer from old to new is better and learer what
    has happened. Place a memo into remove and add transaction to show what
    was done.

Zaidy036, Nov 20, 2014
  4. Caryl

Caryl Guest

You are right. I looked at our last Fidelity statement and, of course, it is actually Sunoco LP with the symbol of SUN. I do not know where I got the incorect name. Of course, once I entered the correct name in the Corporate Name Change it worked perfectly. Thanks so much for your help

Caryl, Nov 21, 2014
  5. Caryl

Caryl Guest

Thank you for your comments. When I did the Corporate Name Change correctlyit changed the symbol as well as the name and added a reminder in the register indicating what had been done.

Caryl, Nov 21, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question