USA CPA exam

Reaction score
Country
United States
for those that have taken the CPA exam and passed, would you say it's more about perseverance and diligence as far as going over and over concepts, studying prefusely until everything sticks .. or a matter of intelligence ; or a little bit of both? As long as you are atleast halfway intelligent and are willing to put forth the work. Also, I'm assuming you would want it bad enough.

AGH the CPA

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
all of the above. You have to have some basic smarts, you have to be willing to stick with it and LEARN the mile wide/inch deep knowledge and you have to perservere.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m studying for the CPA exam with Roger CPA review.

Roger always says that it's not an IQ test, IF YOU STUDY YOU WILL PASS. Another thing he says which is very true, look around you at work at all the other CPAs, are they geniuses? Probably not.

You need a good review course (I highly recommend Roger) which will provide you with all the tools you need in order to pass. The rest is up to you.

Remember, it’s not an IQ test. If you have the discipline and able to watch the lectures, do the homework and practice the questions YOU WILL PASS. A good review course like Roger would give you anything you need, after that it’s 100% up to you.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You can do it! It's the stick-to-it-ness, not intelligence, that gets you through the exam. One word of advice, though. I first tried studying for the exam on my own with just a set of thick CPA books. It was difficult and isolating, and I gave up because I was so intimidated by the material. Years later, I discovered that UWorld Roger for my CPA review and it's so much better. If you stick with the review, you will do much better on the exam than if you don't utilize a review program. Preparing for the exam is the key to passing the exam.

Ask a Question