Credit Memo from Vendor

Reaction score
I received a credit memo an item I purchased. I made a PO, received the item, then paid the bill. Now I am returning the item. How do I make this transaction? QB Pro 2010.

Reaction score
Hi,

I believe that if you just received a credit memo from a vendor, you will need to enter it into QuickBooks just as credit memo transaction under vendors.

Intuit QuickBooks Support has a help page on how to enter a credit memo or record a return.

To do this task:

Go to the Vendors menu and click Enter Bills.

At the top of the Enter Bills window, click Credit.

Enter the vendor's name and the amount of the credit.

In the detail area, enter the expense accounts, customers, jobs, or classes to which you want to

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hi,

I believe that if you just received a credit memo from a vendor, you will need to enter it into QuickBooks just as credit memo transaction under vendors.

Intuit QuickBooks Support has a help page on how to enter a credit memo or record a return.

To do this task:

Go to the Vendors menu and click Enter Bills.

At the top of the Enter Bills window, click Credit.

Enter the vendor's name and the amount of the credit.

In the detail area, enter the expense accounts, customers, jobs, or classes to which you want to

I hope this helps.
To enter the credit, yes it does. Will that adjust the payable entry made from when the original bill was paid as well? Or will I need to go through the same process I would normally to mark a bill as paid, but with a credit (debit) to apply to a credit card?

Reaction score
Entering a credit memo doesn't automatically adjust the payable entry made. For instance, if you've already paid the vendor bill with a credit card, entering a vendor credit memo will just reflect a negative balance on your account that can be used to pay a future bill.

Ask a Question