Customer deposit with no specific price and services

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I have a website, where users can register and deposit money to their account balance. After deposit was made and money went to their virtual account in system, they can use those money for various services that my system offers. There are more than one possibility to spend those money.

I was thinking about registering such a deposit as a prepayment for services and goods customer is willing to get. But the problem is, that there is no specific price or one specific service for that prepayment. As I know, when user does a prepayment, I have to send him a receipt with information about service description and price of that service that he is willing to get, but I can't do that, because I don't know how that user is going to spend those money in my system.

So what I want to ask, is whether deposit is an option in my case? Or there is something else I can use for correct accounting? If deposit is what I need, then how to solve this problem that occurs in receipt document? (Can I put all possible services and their prices in receipt?)

I have to mention that I am not accountant. Everything I know so far about accounting is from Google.

Last edited:

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This would be best reflected as a liability as "Customer Deposit on Account" This would just be a cash balance that it held on their account, then as services as used, you would recognize revenue, reducing the customer deposit on account.

Ask a Question