USA Customer PO > Our Quote

Reaction score
Country
United States
We quoted a customer a certain amount for a support contract. They sent us a Purchase Order totaling $ 20 more than our quote.

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding how to handle this. I suggested that the person handling the PO contact the customer and advise them of the discrepancy, as a sort of goodwill gesture.

I also don't want this order held up for days. To me, a quote is an estimate, while a PO is a contact. I think we should invoice off of the purchase order, AND advise the customer of the discrepancy and see how they want to handle it. The invoice can always be adjusted.

Thoughts?

AGH the CPA

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think youre over thinking this. Just contact the customer and have them submit a new PO.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think youre over thinking this. Just contact the customer and have them submit a new PO.
We had requested this, however the VP disagreed and wanted to change their quote instead. I agree it is being overthought, but that's how it is sometimes.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Accept the PO.
Issue an immediate $20 credit memo to them.
Go forward with your life

Ask a Question