Canada Data Entry Software!! Please help!!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi there,

I am new to this forum and I have a big problem I am trying to find a better way for:

When I receive documents (either Pdf or paper) from my clients introducing the data into either into csv file or QB it's a nuisance and requires human resources. I was wondering if anybody knows a software or a better way I can input my data into the system. For example is there anything out there that can scrape my pdf docs or scans of the physical papers and input the data for me into an excel file, or even crazier can it be integrated with QB through the API?

Please let me know. Thank you!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As per my knowledge, it is not possible in regular accounting software available in market. Unless it is tailor made such as SAP Accounting software where the entire software is made as per the requirements and to integrate the whole business process from top to bottom.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thank you I really appreciate your input. If there was one (or someone would build one) how valuable would that be?

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Sounds like you are looking for OCR software. Lots of alternatives around, but e.g. Abbyy Finereader seems to be a popular commercial one. If you're on a budget, you can e.g. use Google Drive; a quick google for "google drive ocr" brings up instructions to do so. Or you could download the FreeOCR software and give that a go.

Automating the "paper/scanned PDF to QB"-process further than that is a bit more challenging. Depends on what data the papers contain and how you need it to be imported. If QB does not have support out-of-the-box, then I guess it would require coding something that sits between the OCR software and QB/other accounting software. The difficulty of that depends on how standardized the data is and how good APIs the accounting software has.

Ask a Question