Database Connection Lost


S

ScottM

We have been having this error message:

Database connection lost, application will be closed.
Error #-2147467259
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).]General network error.
(Source: MIcrosoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
(SQL State: 08S01)
(NativeError: 11)

SELECT GETDATE() AS CurrentDateTime


I searched the newsgroup, and followed some of the recomendations, but this
is happening at a frequency that is not good for business.
Has anyone encountered this, or know of any steps to troubleshoot?
Is it hardware/software?

Thank you for your help.
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

Matt Hurst

[email protected] has answered this question so many times it's starting to
sound like a bad country song. See his latest post: Re: RMS and PcCharge
Payment Server from 4/9/10, thanks.
 
S

ScottM

Thank you for the response, I have Jeff's very helpful guide. I followed the
steps he provided.

The only thing, is that SQL Server 2005 doesn't appear to be on every
register, and on one of the registers, it shows nothing in the client
protocols. It won't let me into surface area config...gives me an error
"Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.SqlServer.CustomControls."
Also, in the SQL Server Service Manager, on some POS stations it lists
twice, one as the name and another with \MSSMLBIZ, the other ones are
MSSQLServer.
I came into an existing RMS setup, I'm trying to make things run smooth. We
had to replace PCs and install RMS, I'm wondering if this is the issue.

Jeff's guide is perfect, if I had things setup right in the first place.

Thanks for your help.

Matt Hurst said:
[email protected] has answered this question so many times it's starting to
sound like a bad country song. See his latest post: Re: RMS and PcCharge
Payment Server from 4/9/10, thanks.

ScottM said:
We have been having this error message:

Database connection lost, application will be closed.
Error #-2147467259
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).]General network error.
(Source: MIcrosoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
(SQL State: 08S01)
(NativeError: 11)

SELECT GETDATE() AS CurrentDateTime


I searched the newsgroup, and followed some of the recomendations, but
this
is happening at a frequency that is not good for business.
Has anyone encountered this, or know of any steps to troubleshoot?
Is it hardware/software?

Thank you for your help.

.
 
M

Matt Hurst

On the workstations that are missing some components, try uninstalling an
reinstalling POS.

ScottM said:
Thank you for the response, I have Jeff's very helpful guide. I followed
the
steps he provided.

The only thing, is that SQL Server 2005 doesn't appear to be on every
register, and on one of the registers, it shows nothing in the client
protocols. It won't let me into surface area config...gives me an error
"Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.SqlServer.CustomControls."
Also, in the SQL Server Service Manager, on some POS stations it lists
twice, one as the name and another with \MSSMLBIZ, the other ones are
MSSQLServer.
I came into an existing RMS setup, I'm trying to make things run smooth.
We
had to replace PCs and install RMS, I'm wondering if this is the issue.

Jeff's guide is perfect, if I had things setup right in the first place.

Thanks for your help.

Matt Hurst said:
[email protected] has answered this question so many times it's starting to
sound like a bad country song. See his latest post: Re: RMS and PcCharge
Payment Server from 4/9/10, thanks.

ScottM said:
We have been having this error message:

Database connection lost, application will be closed.
Error #-2147467259
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).]General network error.
(Source: MIcrosoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
(SQL State: 08S01)
(NativeError: 11)

SELECT GETDATE() AS CurrentDateTime


I searched the newsgroup, and followed some of the recomendations, but
this
is happening at a frequency that is not good for business.
Has anyone encountered this, or know of any steps to troubleshoot?
Is it hardware/software?

Thank you for your help.

.
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

John Clark

We had a client with the same connection lost issue on any card transactions. We tried all the suggestions by Microsoft including verify SQL Client Network settings. Still had the error.

We came across http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952287. Discussed it with Dynamics support and installed. We are running RMS 2.0, SQL 2008 Express R2 which isn't fully supported. We applied for the hotfix and installed.

So far so good. I'll repost if it re-surfaces.
We have been having this error message:

Database connection lost, application will be closed.
Error #-2147467259
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()).]General network error.
(Source: MIcrosoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
(SQL State: 08S01)
(NativeError: 11)

SELECT GETDATE() AS CurrentDateTime


I searched the newsgroup, and followed some of the recomendations, but this
is happening at a frequency that is not good for business.
Has anyone encountered this, or know of any steps to troubleshoot?
Is it hardware/software?

Thank you for your help.
On Monday, April 12, 2010 10:28 AM Matt Hurst wrote:
[email protected] has answered this question so many times it is starting to
sound like a bad country song. See his latest post: Re: RMS and PcCharge
Payment Server from 4/9/10, thanks.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top