UK Dealing with Financial Reports as Manager

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, hope you are well. I have just been got a role within a large corporate heading up an HR department in the UK (have always worked for smaller firms). I know that part of the role will involve looking at, interpreting and making use of management financial reports, P&L etc. This is not something I’ve had a lot of exposure in the past. In large businesses do you usually work with a management accountant allocated to your department or? If so, how does this usually work please? Sorry if this seems like a naive question, numbers make me nervous!! Thank you in advance

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is where you seek out your counterpart in the Acctg Dept and ask for their guidance. In return take them to lunch somewhere nice on your own dime.

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hello all, hope you are well. I have just been got a role within a large corporate heading up an HR department in the UK (have always worked for smaller firms). I know that part of the role will involve looking at, interpreting and making use of management financial reports, P&L etc. This is not something I’ve had a lot of exposure in the past. In large businesses do you usually work with a management accountant allocated to your department or? If so, how does this usually work please? Sorry if this seems like a naive question, numbers make me nervous!! Thank you in advance
Hi Als-UK, if you ever got an answer, I hope you shred it here, as i'm keen to know as well. Cheers!

Ask a Question