Debtors Ledger Account

Reaction score
Country
China
Hi,

Can someone tell me if it is okay to use the individual debtor names when entering sales from the sales journal to the debtors account in the general ledger?

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unless there's any particular legislation in your jurisdiction that prevents it, then it's ok, but best to make sure they have a customer number as well, otherwise if you make a sale to "Joe Bloggs"... then make a sale to another "Joe Bloggs", then you'll quickly find that you don't know who's account is whoms.

Reaction score
Country
China
Unless there's any particular legislation in your jurisdiction that prevents it, then it's ok, but best to make sure they have a customer number as well, otherwise if you make a sale to "Joe Bloggs"... then make a sale to another "Joe Bloggs", then you'll quickly find that you don't know who's account is whoms.
Thanks. Sorry for the late reply. I was waiting for a message in my email inbox but don't think this website has that function.

Ask a Question