USA Department Operating Budget

qha

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello:

My M.H.A. assignment calls for me to Complete the 2010 projected column based on the 6-month 2010 actual data. Complete the 2011 budget column as if you were the manager of this department.

"Discuss assumptions made"

My Questions:

1. Could anyone offer any suggestions on how to go about this, or ideas about where to begin?

2. Why does the budget have a Budget 2010 column and 2010 Projected column? How is there a column for projection if a completed 2010 column has already been inserted? What is that Budget 2010 column?

File Attached

Thank you -

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United States
Remember the 2010 actuals are only for 6 months but the budget for 2010 is for all 12 months. So, the 2010 projections would be for the remainder of 2010, for which you don't yet have actuals.

To figure out your projections, one way to look at it would be to double your 6-month actuals for 2010, and then compare that number to the actuals for the prior years and see if you could develop any trends. In an actual company, of course, you'd have more nonfinancial data to take into account - explanations for any significant changes in budget categories, etc.

Ask a Question