USA Depreciation Question

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why would depreciation and amortization differ on the cash flow statement when compare to the amount discussed in the financial notes? Could it be because of discontinued operations?

Counterofbeans

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, it could be.

I haven't had a nasty discontinued operations situation for over 10 years, but, if memory serves, any expense related to that operation gets collapsed into a single line item, including depr/amort expense. As such, you wouldn't see it, at first glance, just looking at the SOCF, nor the inc statement. In the notes, you have a shot, but I can't recall if disclosing how much depr/amort in disc ops is a requirement.

I'd have to look it up. Let me know if that's critical information or not

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for your response the actual answer was they put their Stocked Base Compensation accrual, in their depreciation / amortization cash flow add back to prove out the operating activity; which I find sort of strange.

Counterofbeans

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for your response the actual answer was they put their Stocked Base Compensation accrual, in their depreciation / amortization cash flow add back to prove out the operating activity; which I find sort of strange.
LOL, that's a mistake. That should be a separate line item on the SOCF

Ask a Question