USA Didn't receive a 1099 for possible Capital Gains from sell of restate

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a piece of land from a builder on 7/25/14 for $17,000. Then the builder built the house and I closed on house on 2/6/15 for 224,000. Then I sold the home on 11/14/16 for 251,000. My net gain after paying off the house and closing costs and commissions were $15,824. So technically I didn't live in the house 2 years, but I never received a 1099 for those capital gains last year. I didn't question it, because I was waiting to roll that money into a new house, which I did most of it. On 3/27/17, I bought a house and put $9,500 down on that house. Again I've gotten no letters from the IRS, but confused why I never received a 1099 for the money I made on that house. Should I question it, if so with who? Also between the time I bought the house on 2/6/15 and sold on 11/14/16, I did improvements to the house like a lawn because it was a new build, a 3rd lane into the driveway and window treatments, and applicances, which all went with the house.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
1099S is not required for such a small dollar amount. But you still need to report it on your return.

Ask a Question