Difficulty finding a job?

Reaction score
So I just graduated with my B.S. in accounting back in May, and I am literally watching the job search engines every day for all of the new entry-level to 3-4 years of experience accounting positions. I've seriously applied to at least 50 or 60 different places with nothing more than a few call backs, phone interviews, and one regular interview.

I had a 3.9 GPA and have actually worked as a full charge bookkeeper in my family's business for the past 3 years, but from what i've seen, neither of these things really help my "stock" in reference to the hiring managers.

Before I went on to get my cpa license, i really wanted to work for a while and get some real experience underneath my belt - a $35k+ salary also wouldnt be all that bad of a thing.

How long do most of you think that I will have to look before i find a $36k-$40k position somewhere? or will I ever find one? lol

Ask a Question