USA Disengagement letter to client

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currently have a client who has anger management issues and our personalities just don't mesh. She is kind of mean, talks down to me and others (very uncomfortable) and is not a pleasure to be around. I have been working on the books for about 4 weeks now (only once a week). I am looking for some suggestions on how to terminate my bookkeeping services. I have done some research and it mentions not to do it over email but I'm afraid my client will come unglued if I do it in person. Any suggestions or sample letters of disengagement would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,
thanset

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have never had to do this myself, but it is not like a breakup, its just a professional separation. I would do something like this over e-mail. I would just say something to the effect of, I do not believe that I am the right provider for your needs. Return any files/information that you have and disconnect from them.

Then, if they call or e-mail, you can choose to answer or not answer as you see fit. No need for negative people in your life or in your business.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
Steve,
Thank you for your suggestion. I sent the email today. I kept it very short and to the point.
Thanks,
Terri

Ad

Advertisements

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I hope it works out for you and your ex-customer doesn't cause any drama.

Ask a Question