Disengagement letter to client

USA Discussion in 'General Accountancy Discussion' started by thanset, Nov 10, 2018.

1. thanset

thanset

I currently have a client who has anger management issues and our personalities just don't mesh. She is kind of mean, talks down to me and others (very uncomfortable) and is not a pleasure to be around. I have been working on the books for about 4 weeks now (only once a week). I am looking for some suggestions on how to terminate my bookkeeping services. I have done some research and it mentions not to do it over email but I'm afraid my client will come unglued if I do it in person. Any suggestions or sample letters of disengagement would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you,
    thanset

thanset, Nov 10, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. thanset

Steve-LevelUp VIP Member

I have never had to do this myself, but it is not like a breakup, its just a professional separation. I would do something like this over e-mail. I would just say something to the effect of, I do not believe that I am the right provider for your needs. Return any files/information that you have and disconnect from them.

Then, if they call or e-mail, you can choose to answer or not answer as you see fit. No need for negative people in your life or in your business.

Steve-LevelUp, Nov 11, 2018
    thanset likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. thanset

thanset

Steve,
    Thank you for your suggestion. I sent the email today. I kept it very short and to the point.
    Thanks,
    Terri

thanset, Nov 11, 2018
  4. thanset

Steve-LevelUp VIP Member

I hope it works out for you and your ex-customer doesn't cause any drama.

Steve-LevelUp, Nov 12, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question