USA Distribution to Officers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all... I am new to the forum. I own a small business that is registered as an LLC and have a question regarding distributions. I took this company over about 2 years ago and the company has made a significant amount of money. When I took it over, I opened a business savings account. I have deposited the profit of the company over the past 2 years in this savings account. Since it is an LLC with two owners, myself and my mom, can I write distribution checks to each of us for the money that is in the savings account?

Thanks!

C

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not only can you but you should with one caveat. You cannot take distributions in excess of your capital account without causing tax issues.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok thank you. What is the capital account? Can you please expand?

Thanks!

C

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you a running a business, you should have a CPA in your back pocket instead of going on line to ask basic business questions.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you a running a business, you should have a CPA in your back pocket instead of going on line to ask basic business questions.
I do have a CPA but there are a multitude of reasons that I would want to verify that what I am hearing is accurate. If you don't care to help then don't respond.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you do not care to listen, then do not ask.

Ask a Question