Do banks report all accounts to the IRS even if transactions are under 10k?

Reaction score
First off I'd like thank you all in advance for letting me participate on this board. Im glad you pros are here. I had a few tax questions in re: to taxing my corporation.

First off Im an S corp. And my business is importing goods from China and re-selling them here in the states via a website. Now, my website does take all major credit cards in which funds then get deposited every 2 days into my bank account. I pull in approx. $1500.00/day. NOW of course, that is NOT profit. Only a small portion is but I move volume, that's why the $$ amount is high. Looking at my bankk records since Feb. of this year 08 until Nov.1st , I have grossed 1.7 mill. I know it sounds like a lot but I didnt make even close to that, I wish.

Im a little conernced about getting audited. If I were, Im not sure HOW I would supply sufficient "proof" of purchases from China. I started my wire transfers via western union but recently I have been doing bank transfers for an easier paper trail. All I could give them are the western union transfers and bank wire transfers. Also, I spend $2500.00/month in postage so IF Im going to do this right, I will write that off for all 10 months(25k)

Does the IRS monitor bank accounts in general? NONE that has deposits close to 10k at a time over the course of this year.

Thank you

Ask a Question