USA Do I need to collect sales Tax?

Reaction score
I am placing an order from an online company for karate uniforms. I contacted the seller asking if there was a discount for schools. I am not a school owner, just a student putting together a group order. The seller told me that they could set me up with a wholesale account. This wholesale account gives us a great discount. My question is that if I order these products in my name and have them shipped to my house. am I responsible for collecting sales tax from the other students whom order uniforms with this group order? I did not provide the seller with any type for resale certificate or tax id number.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If seller is ethical they will ask for your resale number when you place the order. Since you don't have one you'll be unable to order. If seller unethical order will get placed and then if you sell the uniforms you'd have an obligation to comply with sales tax law

Reaction score
if they require your reseeler of sales tax no. for wholesale transation then you have to collect the sales tax either not bkz you are end consumer you supplier already collected it from you in your purchase cost.

Reaction score
Hi If you want any Accounting help for your business/startup. visit our company named Analytix Solutions.
We would like to assist you for any kind of Accounting/Bookkeeping queries.

Ask a Question