Does EA experience limit my options?

Reaction score
I am a late-comer to accounting. I am 37 and just started a masters of accounting program and also just started working for an EA doing bookkeeping and payroll with potentially expanding responsibilities. It's a nice situation in that it is a small firm and has me in sort of an apprentice relationship with the EA. When I look ahead two years and I just finished my masters, does having worked for an EA for two years limit my options? Will CPA firms not consider hiring me because I don't explicitly have experience working for a CPA?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You have landed a spot where they know you are untrained, you are older than the typical apprentice, and they will train you - and you are concerned about how this MIGHT affect you? Wow!. Many people would like to be in your shoes, but you do not appreciate what you have.
OK, then, no problem, just go find something better using your current qualifications.

Last edited:

Ask a Question