USA Download from 401 to Quicken

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use Quicken Home and Business 2015. My Quicken account agrees to my 401 statements perfectly as of 12/31/16. I went online and downloaded a web connect file ONLY for transactions from 1/1/2017 to 3/31/2017. After I imported the file to Q the entire account was screwed up. It did download the mutual fund purchases, but it also included 2000 shares of an “unrecognized security”, numerous placeholders, and the balances as of 12/31/16 were no longer the same. I ONLY wanted my mutual fund transactions for the first quarter of 2017 why did Q add all this other stuff that I did not want or need?

Fortunately I backup Q before I downloaded and imported, so I have restored my 401 back to its correct balances as of 12/31/16. I used to just download the mutual fund transactions to a dummy account and cut and paste, but Q took away the ability to copy and paste investment transactions. Why did they do that? Do I have to manually enter 2017? After all this time I thought Q would have fixed these issues. Is there any way to just download my mutual fund purchases?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have used most Q Windows versions since 1986 or so, tried downloads various times, with backups, and haven't even tried for years. I manually update banking, loans, cc, and 5 investment accounts. Never let outside sources touch my data. I may spend several hours a month doing it, but it's better and less stressful than fixing a mess. Last time I tried a download, got many many placeholders. Never again.

I was a software developer and db admin for 42 years. Software development and support in general is at the lowest point of quality and support I've ever seen, so you must be your own defense.

Ask a Question