due to/from accounts in QB

Reaction score
I am trying to reconcile due to/from accounts in quickbooks for a company. the owner has 6 LLC's that he transfers money to/from. It is a huge mess!! The transfers are made basically to cover payroll out of each company. I guess you could say he is robbing peter to pay paul type of scenario.
My question is how do I zero the accounts?
Also, is this the correct accounts he should be using to track this? Shouldn't he just invoice the other company and avoid using the due to from accounts?
Please Help!!

Reaction score
If there is InterCo borrowing, the "loan from" should be shown on one LLC's books, while the "loan to", should be shown on the other. These two amounts, from each set of books, should agree with each other.
The only way I believe to zero them would be 1) repayment of the loan or 2) conversion from debt to equity.
If your LLC owner is sole owner of all six LLC's you could transfer the money initially as an equity investment (meaning there is no repayment plan). However, this would depend on the circumstances.

Ask a Question