USA Duplicate Check Entries? Quickbooks

Reaction score
Country
United States
I work with someone who often takes checks from my printer and uses them without notice, unfortunately there are often duplicate check numbers entered into quickbooks because 1.) I cut so many checks a day, I don't always pay attention to the check number (only first thing in the morning, as I barely expect her to take and she does SOMETIMES notify me), I don't notice there is one or two missing,
2.) Because she hasn't notified me.

I'm tired of constantly going back to fix this or randomly coming upon it when a check cannot be cashed due to the wrong number in the system (we have a security feature for our outgoing checks).

Is there a simple/quick way to find any duplicate check numbers on QuickBooks (without manually going through all transactions through say... a bank statement or reconciliation)? Please help!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,
Can you use a letter - number system so that checks you issue have one starting letter and checks your assistant issues have a different letter? That way you won't print checks with the same number.

Ask a Question