USA Earning your accounting credits at a junior college vs. A 4 year institution

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm new to the site and was looking for feedback. I have a background in accounting (Staff Accountant at a major insurance company. I'm looking to sit for the CPA but need to take a Federal Tax course, an Audit class, and Intermediate Accounting I and II. I have a degree in Business (Management) and well as an MBA (Finance). I can take these courses at a 2 year school for about 280 bucks per class. Or I can take these classes at a four year school for about 1,500 - 2,300 per class. Do you think I' should take these classes at a 2 year school or at a 4 year one. I'm concerned about the level of quality at a 2 year school. Thanks in advance.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you are concerned about the quality then you've answered your own question. Whether two or four year it depends on the school's own reputation and you need local feedback (former students, fellow employees) on that to help you decide.

Ask a Question