USA Effects of new technology on Accountants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all! I am a college student doing some research on the effects of new technology (software, automation, artificial intelligence, etc.) on the accounting industry, and I was hoping to get some first-hand feedback from current accountants. If I am posting this under the wrong forum please let me know and I will get it switched over. But for those of you who are currently an accountant or auditor I have some questions for you:

1. How long have you been in the accounting industry?
2. Do you think that modern technology is making it easier for accountants to do their job? Or harder (meaning clients don't need you as much)?
3. Do you ever fear that artificial intelligence will ultimately replace accountants?
4. Do you think that accountants are educated enough in the area of IT to take advantage of and adapt to this new technology? If so, please explain. If not, why not?
5. Are there some skills that you think accountants need that they don't already possess? If so, what kinds of skills?
6. Are there any skills or attributes that accountants bring to the accounting field that technology can never replace? If so, what are they?

I know I am asking a lot of questions, but if you wouldn't mind answering a few, or many, I would appreciate it very much. And if you know of any other resources that may be helpful in solving my research questions, I would love the feedback!

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
new technology such as blockchain have an important impact in the behavior of human.new behaviors are developing in our ways of carrying out financial and bank transaction which automatically transform our ways of seeing accounting rules concerning blockchain. my question will be how do accountant adapt to transactions link to blockchain

Ask a Question