India Employee expenses claim from companies.

Reaction score
Country
India
My question to the knowledgeable members is that, i have not submitted my expenses which i made for company work during year 2015, my company Chartered accountant and accounts head are rejecting my old bills as very old and not permitted reimbursement. Due to this I am suffering loss of 2 to 3 lac Rupees. is there a way to claim my expenses which i did for company related work? Please reply your reply will help me.

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Generally, it is up to you to submit expenses in good time. Most companies have a cut-off period for submitting expenses claims, after which, you can ask, but might be turned down.

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The only other option you have would be to claim it on our tax return, if that is allowed by your tax authorities. You will not get fully reimbursed, but it might be something.

It is in your best interest to submit expenses every month.

Reaction score
Expense claim is a collection of receipts from personal spending that needs to be reimbursed by the business. Each user in your organisation can add receipts recording their expenses, then submit an expense claim to be reviewed and approved by a user with the required user role.

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Generally, most companies do have internal policies on cut-off time periods. Since you have not submitted your claims within the stipulated time, yours is not accepted.

Rather than losing your money and relationship, best way is to approach to a person in higher level, which they in-turn approve your claims.

If you’re in lower of tax slabs (per your country), then there is a tax implication, but if your claims are not a material amount comparing your salary, then it can be considered for the current year.

Ask a Question