End of the Month Filing

Reaction score
Its the end of the month and I have a file folder where all the general accounting reports go in. Reconciling the bank account is part of my end of the month procedure, should the bank statement go in that general file with all the other end of the month reports, or should it be filed in its own bank file?

I also have another statement from a vendor that I have to use as a source document that shows a charge on the bank statement, should that vendor file go in its own folder or with all the general accounting reports?

I know this questions just seems dumb....but we are trying to figure everything out with no one to guide us. Any help would be really appreciated

Counterofbeans

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd keep a binder/file that is solely related to bank statement reconciliations & I'd likely start a new one each fiscal year.

Also, I'd keep a separate file for recording all bank transactions into the G/L as well, same as above in terms of starting a new one for each month and/or each fiscal year.

Ask a Question